OPEN BURNING STARTS JANUARY 1, 2021 IN INCLINE VILLAGE & CRYSTAL BAY BY PERMIT ONLY
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will lift the seasonal fire restrictions on outdoor burning effective January 11, 2021. Permits for open burning of pine needles, slash pile, construction warming fires, and recreational fire pits are available Monday through Friday, free of charge. Please call 775-831-0351, ext. 8107 to schedule an inspection.
Visit our website for more information. The Fire District reminds everyone to follow the safety guidelines on the burn permit.
Guidelines for open burning are:
- Permit is valid for open burning only at the address listed and only for materials authorized
- Permit holder shall visit www.nltfpd.org prior to any burning activity to determine if it is an approved Burn Day
- No open burning is permitted on No Burn Days as determined by the Fire District
- Open burning starts at 6:00 am and all piles must be extinguished by 3:00 pm
- Provide a thirty-minute fire watch after extinguishing any fire
- Have a charged garden hose and hand tools nearby
- Keep pine needle and slash piles small and manageable
- Fire must be constantly attended by an adult
- Clear a 25-foot radius noncombustible area around all fires
- Keep fires away from any overhanging branches
- Burning of household refuse, trash, cardboard, rubber products, tires, plastic, petroleum, construction debris and other non-vegetative materials is prohibited
For any questions or to obtain a burn permit, call the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District at (775) 831-0351, ext. 8107.