Codes & Standards
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District adopted the 2018 edition of the International Fire Code with an effective date of January 2019.
The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for the reduction of fire hazards through education, inspection, and code enforcement.
Working directly for the Fire Chief, Fire Marshal John James takes pride in assisting the residents and business owners of Incline Village and Crystal Bay.
The Fire Prevention office is located in our administration office building at 866 Oriole Way, Incline Village, NV 89451. The Fire District enforces State of Nevada Statutes and Regulations, Washoe County Code and has adopted the following codes and resolutions:
- Effective Jan 1, 2019: 2018-Fire-Code-Resolution-18-1-Filed-copy-12-19-18.pdf
- Effective Jan 1, 2019: 2018 Wildland Code Resolution 18-2 filed copy
- Appendix 1 Wildfire Threat Reduction Rec for LTB Homeowners
- Building and Permitting Guidelines Updated Feb 28 2019
- NLTFPD Defensible Space Requirements for Construction Projects 2020
- Nevada State Fire Marshal Regulations
- CAL FIRE OSFM Building Materials LIsting
- Protect Your Property From Fire brochure
- Staying Safe In Your Home or Rental Property
- Anti Freeze Solutions for Sprinkler Systems
- Gas Meter Shed Requirements
- Wildfire Home Retrofit Guide
For further information on any of these documents, please contact Fire Marshal, John James at (775) 831-0351, ext. 8131 or (775) 413-9344.