Message from the Fire Chief
As Fire Chief of the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, it is my honor to serve the citizens of Incline Village and Crystal Bay, Nevada. I was raised in Incline Village and attended Incline Village public schools from elementary through high school. I was hired by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District in 1995 as a dispatcher and promoted to Firefighter in early 1997, the years thereafter, I was promoted through all positions to now Fire Chief, appointed in 2016.
Since 1959, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District (NLTFPD) has had the honor of protecting life and property in one of the most beautiful places on earth. NLTFPD has established a reputation for excellence in the prevention of, preparation for, and response to emergencies in the communities of Incline Village and Crystal Bay, Nevada. Additionally, NLTFPD has maintained an active presence and strong reputation amongst our agency partners in the Lake Tahoe Basin and surrounding jurisdictions.
Continuing to grow, change and evolve with our community's needs, we strive to provide exceptional quality services to our citizens and visitors.
Please follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Ryan E. Sommers
- Sierra Avalanche Center, 530-587-3558, ext. 257
- NV Roads, 877-NV-ROADS (688-6237)
- CAL TRANS 800-427-7623
- Code Red Regional Alert Notification
- Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) Public Utilities 775-832-1203
- Liberty Utilities 844-245-6868 (to report an outage or emergency service issue)
- NV Energy 775-834-4100 (Northern NV, to report an outage/emergency service)
- Southwest Gas 877-860-6020 (to report suspicious gas leak call 911 FIRST)
- Washoe County Emergency Management 775-337-5898
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office (WCSO) 775-832-4107
IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911